The 2019 essay writing contest starts April 18, 2019 and the participants have one month to submit.
Safed House is working with high schools in the Phoenix, Arizona area and Brooklyn, New York to offer to their refugee and immigrants students.
The prize winners will be declared on World Refugee Day 2019 in June.
- The contest is open to any student in high school who migrated to the US during their own lifetime.
- The essay should be 500 words.
- The essay prompt is:
- Describe the concept of home.
- What does home mean to you?
- How has it changed since you came to America?
- The contest will open on April 18, 2019, and the deadline for submission is May 18, 2019. Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please put in subject line: Safed House Essay Submission 2019
- First prize is a $500 award. Winner is requested to be interviewed for a testimonial of their story on website.
- Winners will be asked to take part in a writing and video workshop during 2019
- Winners will also be required to take part in the award ceremony in the year that they win and to be available to come back for the following year as a presenter.